Sculptra Post Treatment Instructions
- For one week prior to treatment, it is advisable to avoid ibuprofen, aspirin, fish oil, Vitamin E and other blood thinners, as medically appropriate, to minimize the risk of bruising.
- Massage the treated area for 5 minutes, 5 times a day, for 5 days following your treatment. Massage allows the Sculptra particles to produce collagen evenly under your skin. The Sculptra will remain in the desired location even with massage, so don’t worry about massaging it incorrectly. The idea of massage is making it even initially then lifting it up, in jawaline bring it back to the jawline.
- Ice packs may be applied to the treated areas to reduce swelling and decrease tenderness as needed.
- Expect soreness for up to 2 weeks after the treatment, especially while chewing. This will improve gradually and will resolve completely.
- If you develop a bruise in the treated area, we have Arnica cream and Arnica tablets available for purchase to speed up the healing process.
- Remember that a few days after the treatment you will look just as you did before the treatment. This is because the water that was injected gets absorbed by the body, leaving the Sculptra particles in place to stimulate collagen production.
- Visible results appear gradually over a few months and last 25 months or longer.
- Schedule your next two Sculptra treatments for 6 weeks and 12 weeks from now.