Pre/Post Instructions Laser Hair Removal
- The area being treated cannot be exposed to the sun. For 1064-nm wavelength treatment, avoid sun exposure for 1 (one) week prior, during, and 1 (one) week after treatment. For 755-nm wavelength treatment, avoid sun exposure for at least 4 (four) weeks prior, during and at least 1 (one) week after the treatment. A broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sun block of SPF 30 or higher should be applied whenever exposed to the sun.
- Hair should only be shaved in between the treatments and preferably a day prior to the treatment. No waxing or threading the hair in between sessions.
- Immediately following treatment, the area may show a slight erythema with some swelling. Blistering may occur.
- General Skin Care During the healing phase, the area must be treated delicately. Do not rub, scratch, or pick. If a crust develops, let it fall off on its own. Apply a thin layer of ointment to the treated area several times a day to keep area moist. Do not scrub the area, pat the area dry. Do not shave over the area if swelling, crusting or scabbing is present. If swelling occurs, apply ice. Wrap the ice in a soft cloth. Discomfort or stinging may be relieved with acetaminophen.
- If makeup is allowed, it must be applied and removed delicately. Excess rubbing can open treated area increasing the chance of scarring.
- Avoid sports and/or strenuous exercises for 2–3 days following treatment for hair removal and 7– 10 days for veins. Walking is encouraged.
- In case of signs of infection (pus, tenderness, fever), contact the office immediately. Avoid sun exposure throughout the course of treatment and use a broad-spectrum (UVA/UVB) sun block SPF 30 or greater when treatment area is exposed to the sun.
- The treated hairs will exfoliate or push out in approximately 2-4 weeks.
- Posttreatment skin care instructions must be followed to prevent any complications. Please contact the office with questions or concerns regarding your treatment.
- In general the time between the treatments depends on rate of the hair growth which in turn depends on the area being treated and number of the prior treatments done, your provider will suggest you approximately when should you schedule your next appointment for the treatment.
- Please call our office at 201 340 4809, for any further questions.
Stay tuned to the latest updates in development and sign up for our newsletter.