- Avoid sun exposure for 3 days prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of Retin-A, Renova, Differin, tretinoin, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, Vitamin C or any other skin irritants 3 days prior to treatment.
- Advise our office is you are experiencing any active breakouts, cold sores or open lesions on the day of treatment. Your treatment will need to be rescheduled.
- Schedule your microneedling appointment at least 6 months after discontinuing use of Accutane.
- Schedule your appointment at least 10 days post or 7 days prior to Botox treatment, 1 week before or after treatment with fillers, and 1 month before or after laser treatment. Avoid chemical peels and waxing for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Notify staff of any medication allergies or if you are pregnant or nursing. Those who are pregnant or nursing may not receive treatment and will need to reschedule.
Day of Treatment Instructions
- Do not shave the treated area the day of treatment.
- Arrive to appointment with clean skin, free of makeup.
- Patients are advised to bring a hat and scarf to wear after treatment.
- Avoid use of all products for the first 4 days post treatment.
- Only use products in your post-treatment kit for the first 4 days post treatment.
- Avoid aerobic exercise, saunas and hot tubs for 3-7 days following the procedure; you may resume once skin irritation has resolved.
- Use SPF 30 or above post treatment for atleast a month post treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds or self-tanning products for 14 days post treatment.
- Avoid exfoliating, chemical peels, toners or any products containing Vitamin A for 14 days post treatment.
- Do not shave the treated area for at least 3 days after treatment, or until skin irritation has resolved.
- You may use ice packs and Tylenol for any swelling or discomfort. Do not take Ibuprofen, Aleve or Motrin.
- Patients may experience mild to moderate swelling, redness and sunburned feeling for the first 4 days post treatment. Symptoms should resolve by days 5-7.