- Your skin may feel warm and tingling or sting like sunburn for one to three hours after the treatment; rarely, this may persist for several days. A cool cloth will help reduce this sensation as well as the redness and or swelling that may be present.
- Avoid direct unprotected sun exposure, including tanning beds for two weeks after your treatment and use an SPF 30 sunblock.
- Avoid overheating such as intense workouts, hot showers, hot tubs, etc. for 24 hours following your treatment.
- Only use cleanser this evening and resume your usual skincare regimen tomorrow (including tretinoin). If you are on effective Vitamin C product, you may use this as well tonight after cleansing.
- Depending on the aggressiveness of your treatment, you may see tiny pinpoint red ‘dots’. This is normal and will resolve within several days and may be covered with make-up. You may also experience some light flaking.
- Best results are seen with multiple visits, done in a series. You may notice some immediate effects after just one treatment but typically several are necessary. Results will vary and are more apparent when combined with a skincare product regimen and other treatments like BOTOX®, dermal fillers, and laser facials.
- Treatments are typically spaced 3-4 weeks apart for 6 to 8 treatments. Maintenance treatments should be done two to three times per year.
- If you are concerned about a reaction of some kind or experience any symptoms beyond those anticipated, please call the office at 2013404809.