Dermal Filler Post Procedure Instructions
- After your treatment with dermal fillers, you might have some redness and swelling. This is normally less than seven (7) days. The swelling starts increases in first 2 days then starts to go down in next 7 days, lips take some times 7-10 days.
- Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling but do not press hard or rub the area. You can also take Tylenol extra strength. If the inconvenience continues beyond seven (7) days or if other reactions or side effects occur, please contact the doctor.
- Avoid touching the treated areas within six (6) hours following treatment. Do not massage the injection sites day of the injections. After that, the area can be gently washed.
- Your dermal filler may feel lumpy. As long as you cannot see the lump, do not worry about It. This is normal as you have a solid product in your skin and it will feel like something is in there because it is. After two weeks, the product will settle in and you will feel fine. If, however, any irregularities please call. Exception to this is lips can swell and look and sometimes feel lumpy for 7 days and some time 2-3 wks for some clients.
- If injected around your mouth, let the mouth rest for 24 hours. Please only eat soft foods not food that require excessive chewing.
- Do not go to the dentist 2 to 3 days after being injected.
- If you use a C-PAP machine at night to sleep, avoid using for 3 days after treatment.
- You may shower and place make-up the following day.
- Sunbathing and cold outdoor activities should be avoided until any redness or swelling disappears.
- Avoid exercise and alcohol for twenty-four (24) hours after treatment.
- Wait at least 2 weeks before having skincare or laser treatments.
- If a rash develops in the area treated please contact us as soon as possible.
- Take anti-inflammatories if you have any pain; this should be enough. You might develop a headache as a consequence of the injections.
- You might see some bruising occurring one (1) to two (2) days after injections at any of the injection sites. These will eventually go away in several days. Taking ARNCIA for 2 to 5 days may be helpful. It Is a homeopathic medication that helps with inflammation and bruising. You can purchase It at Beauty IQ Medi Spa, LLC. Take as directed as indicated on the package.
- If you have previously suffered from facial cold sores, there is a risk that the needle punctures could contribute to a recurrence. Speak to the doctor about medications that may minimize a recurrence.
For any questions or concerns, please call the office at <2013404809>. In the event of a medical emergency, immediately go to the nearest hospital and/or ER or dial 911.