Acne affects up to 80 percent of people aged 11 to 30, as well as fivepercent of the aging population. For many, acne leads to often-embarrassing scarring. If you struggle with acne scars and want to make them less noticeable, Deepak Forever Med Spa offers several viable solutions. Using non-invasive procedures, there is little to no downtime or side effects.
What Are the Best Treatments for Eliminating Acne Scars?
These treatments get excellent results – even for scarring caused by cystic acne:
- Chemical Peels – Using the appropriate chemical on a patient-by-patient basis, acne scars begin to disappear.
- Microdermabrasion – This non-surgical treatment is another option for reducing the signs of unwanted acne scars.
- CO2 Treatment – This is an incredible solution that delivers fast results.
How Do the Different Treatments Work?
- Chemical Peels – This treatment consists of applying a medical-grade chemical that peels or otherwise exfoliates the top layer of skin away. As the newly healed skin emerges, acne scars appear smoother. Over time, a lot of the scarring fades. Chemical peels work so well that, in some instances, there is no way to tell that an individual even had acne scars.
- Microdermabrasion –Dr. Deepak uses a device that exfoliates the top layer of skin. At the same time, this process removes any raised parts of acne scars, dramatically improving their appearance. Once the new skin heals, it looks healthy and more youthful, void of noticeable scarring.
- CO2 – This ablation treatment uses Fractional Carbon Dioxide to remove acne scars. Not only are the procedures fast, but they’re also effective. Instead of diminishing the appearance of scars, CO2 eliminates them entirely.
What to Expect from Each Treatment?
- Chemical Peels – Compared to other treatments used to diminish or eliminate acne scars, this option requires little downtime. To get optimal results, it is imperative that you follow the doctor’s post-procedure instructions to speed up any healing and prevent the risk of infection. For more severe acne scarring, you can have a deep peel performed, although there is a longer recovery time.
- Microdermabrasion–While you can always opt for the more aggressive approach via dermabrasion, for a faster recovery, consider microdermabrasion. Either way, the results are nothing short of amazing.
- CO2 – Although C02 is a fast way to get eliminate acne scars, this treatment usually requires about one week of downtime. Dr. Deepak will select the right type of CO2 process and the appropriate ablation machine.